Amazon Prime Day happening in Canada
Amazon Prime Day is happening in Canada this year! After canceling Prime Day in Canada in 2021, due to the coronavirus, Amazon just announced that Prime Day will be happening in Canada in 2022. In 2020, the last Prime Day in Canada, Amazon announced that record-breaking sales surpassed $3.5 billion (roughly CAD$4.6 billion) across 19 countries, including Canada. In addition, Amazon stated that Prime members saved over $1.4 billion (approximately CAD $1.8 billion CAD) during Prime Day 2020. Given the two-year hiatus, this Canada Prime Day in 2022 is sure to be a big event. HINGE GLOBAL can help you plan your promotions, run your advertising, optimize your inventory, and define your business strategy.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
For sellers on Amazon.ca, here are the key deadlines to mark for 2022 Amazon Prime Day:
- April 4, 2022 – Spotlight and Featured Lightning Deal (also known as WOW Submissions) are due to Amazon
- April 29, 2022 – All deals need to be approved by Amazon Canada
- May 16, 2022 – This is the tentative deadline to cut Purchase Orders for Amazon Vendor Central Prime Day
- June 2, 2022 – This is the tentative inbound shipping cutoff for Prime Day inventory, for all Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA)
- June 10, 2022 – This is the deadline for Prime Exclusive Coupons
READY, SET, GO!
The exact dates of 2022 Prime Day are not known yet, but these deadlines suggest that the event will take place in the second or third week of June. For sellers spanning both US and Canada, click here to read more about US Prime Day 2022 planning.
HINGE GLOBAL has a proven track record of outperforming the industry during Prime Day. Reach out to us to learn how you can drive your Amazon.ca business, increase brand awareness, and acquire new brand buyers during this critical event.